GMPTE Manchester Bus Lampshade
Looking for something amazingly retro, and also a nod to transport in Greater Manchester? This could be the lampshade for you. Exceptionally 70s in it's design, from the following areas in the 70s and 80s it will be a familiar sight! GMPTE covered Stockport, Manchester, Trafford, Salford, Tameside, Rochdale, Bury, Bolton. The busses in the 1970s and 1980s were orange and brown, and this stunning lampshade is a nod to that era.
A wonderful velvet lamp shade, handmade to order in our studio in Stockport, Cheshire.
This shade has been made as part of the Lighting Up Manchester Exhibition on Deansgate, Manchester. The installation featured during October/November 2021.
Design created from the original GMPTE logo used with permission from TfGMWe have four sizes of lampshade available in this design:
- 25cm Diameter x 21cm High
- 30cm Diameter x 21cm High
- 40cm Diameter x 25cm High
- 50cm Diameter x 30cm High
This shade is also available in both ceiling and table/standard lamp configurations, please choose your required orientation on adding to you basket from the dropdown options.
- Bulb Advice-It is recommended to use low energy bulbs with your lampshades. Low energy bulbs will utilise less energy and are cool to the touch, thus avoiding the problem of scorching shades and ceilings.
- Testing - Our lampshade materials have been tested and passed the glow wire test performed by the Lighting Association.